Keep Your Customers Satisfied
Customer service should be at the top of the list of priorities for every business. Unfortunately, it is often neglected. Once you realise how customer satisfaction affects your business, you will want to adopt some of the methods below to help keep your customers coming back.
Consider the following statistics from the White House Office of Consumer Affairs:
- For every customer who bothers to complain, there are 26 others who remain silent
- The average ‘wronged’ customer will tell 8 to 16 people
- 91% of unhappy customers will never purchase services from you again
- It costs about five times as much to attract a new customer as it costs to keep an old one
- Each one of your customers has a circle of influence of 250 people or potential customers who hear bad things about you
Say thank you
A customer who feels appreciated is much more likely to bring you repeat business and/or refer you to a friend.
Respond to enquiries promptly
If a customer has to wait days to have questions answered by you, they will likely take their business to a company that responds to their enquiries quickly. This situation could be rectified bydelegating this task to an employee.
Know when to say sorry
Learn to be accountable, not only for your own mistakes, but for those of your employees as well. When you consider that it is estimated that 35% of dissatisfied customers would not go to the competitors if they received apologies, you realise the true value of “I’m sorry”.
Give your customers a little extra
Value your customers by giving them a little extra such as a small, unexpected free gift after a purchase, or providing a little extra service might even generate some referrals.
Personalise your service
Call your customers by their names and ask them how their day is going. Even if your business is conducted over the Internet, there are ways to personalise emails to let your customers know that you care about them.
Some other ideas
- Promise less and deliver more.
- From time to time, slip in some unadvertised sales to give your customers a pleasant surprise.
- Make sure your employees are properly trained in how to handle a customer complaint.
Source Kelly Sims ‘5 Ways to Keep Your Customers Coming Back For More’ (Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com):